December 17, 2012

Dirty Water

Dirty Water 
by Rock and Hyde


There is each his opinion; his or her own axes to grind, to account for... in the dirty water can we really come clean? Or is it the more cynical take on these lyrics:
Angel, angel, ring them bells  Ring them bells  Something is wrong it doesn't belong// And it's not natural to sing that song 
And if I wash my hands in your dirty water //Will your religion make me clean?  Oh oh oh oh//And if I wet my feet in your dirty water//Will I be blind for all I see

While a universal code may be adopted, a one size fits all, as in certain totalitarian regimes, in the world, for the most part, what should be and what is is the greatest divide. Life may be very messy, for what drives the young may not be the concern of the more mature at all. Deciphering the right or wrong is all bound up in the details as much as the social group to which one ascribes. There is truth in the saying that "birds of a feather do flock together."

If your regret involves others, a change in your associations may prove to be an important key to your future wellness and wholeness. Spiritually there is no such thing as "toxic." Relationships are both more complicated and more simple. For some, our heart is also contained within them; for others, it's something different.

No comments: